Friday 8 August 2014

WHEN WE MEET AGAIN; I Will Tell You!


The reminiscence of our initial encounter, many years ago;
In that contraption of a steel conveyor, 
Lingers forever in the deepest corners of my intellect;
I stared in awe, as you heartily narrated;
In flawless urban lingua;
The spicy niceties of your village adventure

It was the onset of youth and;
My maiden voyage to the City of Many Lights,
Sitting beside you, in that face-me contraption;
Our bodies pressed together; how can I forget?
Those fleeting moments when the conveyor tumbled,
Upon thumps, and our legs rubbed;
Sending inexplicable electrical tremours down my spine;
Followed by a gush feeling of goodness, inner peace and contentment
I understood not those momentary tremours;
Upshots of hormonal gymnastics, but how could?
I was then a paragon a paragon of innocence!

I wanted to tell you then, but I kept my peace and held my word,
Lest I display the challenge of inarticulacy; in urban lingua!
Until the ride halted, amidst a sea of humanity and infinite contraptions
And you had to hold my hand and act chaperon,
At the crossing of the hectic boulevard; the legendary “GPO”
The warmth of your palm reviving; the shivers of ecstasy! 
Even then we were not strangers, but children of disparate worlds;
You, the daughter of a money merchant; I, the son of a wood sawyer,
Adherents of the mythical decree, enforced by fictional caste;
That goats and sheep can graze together, but cannot mate!

But not anymore!
I no longer lose my way in the concrete jungle;
Nor crave the attention of urban nobility,
With the kindness of Divinity and astute toil;
I have earned my place and space, in the metropolis
And attained the pretentions and lingua of a townie! 
Time and distance separated us, but I know we will we meet again,
It don’t matter where;
In a Church; workroom; contraption; street; mall or blogsphere and;
Whether you now belong to a beneficiary of proximity;
I will still tell you what I thought then; and still do,
That you’re the fairest I had met yet!

@DeCaptainCFE

No comments: